Are you an aspiring marketer with a passion for communication, promotions and events.
We are on the hunt for a talented Marketing and Communications coordinator to be responsible for our VSP Vison Care communications to consumers and providers (optometrists), as well as coordinating our ongoing and seasonal marketing campaigns and events.
VSP Australia is a market leading provider of Optical products and services to the Optometry industry and retail stores throughout Australia and NZ. We are distributor of Eyewear from fashion and luxury brands: Nike, Calvin Klein, Chloé, Diane von Furstenberg, Dragon, G-Star RAW, Lacoste, MCM, Nine West and Salvatore Ferragamo and more. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of VSP Global with operations across the world, but here in Sydney, Banksmeadow, you will be working in a close knit team of just over 50 people.
You will have to be able to work autonomously and be proactive about your work and deadlines, but also work well in a team. You will work closely with the head of Marketing in this role.
There's no such thing as a 'typical day' at VSP Australia, but if there was, it might look like this:
• Designing and implementing a marketing campaign for one of our many key accounts
• Organising a trade expo for one of Australia's largest Health Funds
• Creating a brochure and social media pack for one of our Marketing Programs
• Daily management of our existing marketing programs, making sure all our systems are up to date
• Organising and preparing for national sales meetings liaising with key business stakeholders including sales leadership and customer service
• Developing and maintaining a consistent and engaging tone of voice that aptly represents VSP Vision Care in line with corporate and brand guidelines
• Develop digital newsletters to push the boundaries for the VSP Vision care network and keep our audiences engaged
To win at this role, you will need the following skills:
• Either 2 years+ marketing experience or a degree in Marketing or Communications
• Style + Cultural awareness – ability to draw on trends, pop-culture to create marketing ideas for the Optical Industry and Health Funds
• Self Confidence – you will not be shy, and you are comfortable cold calling when required to solve an issue or get something done
• Articulate - strong editorial writing ability
• Organised – you need to be quick, flexible and have excellent time management skills and attention to detail
• Graphic Design and Photoshop skills an advantage, but we can teach you!
• Experience with social media, eDM and digital marketing a plus
• Collaborative approach at VSP our mission is to help people see, in our day to day it means that each employee apply their integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill and flexibility to assist our customers and their colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please send your Cover Letter and CV through before 15th of April 2018
The application form will include these questions:
• Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
• How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
• What's your expected annual base salary?
• Have you completed a qualification in marketing?