A unique opportunity has arisen for a motivated optometrist to work among well-recognised ophthalmologists. We are seeking an optometrist who is available to work permanent part-time at our Chatswood practice Monday to Tuesday.
Vision Eye Institute is one of Australia's most successful and trusted private ophthalmic providers and is dedicated to providing patients with the very best of care. Vision Eye Institute offers General Consulting, Laser and Day Surgery services.
The primary objective of this position is to assist our ophthalmic surgeons in our busy Chatswood clinic. You will be part of a team including optometrists, orthoptists and ophthalmic technicians and participate in patient consultations, assessment and testing.
- Provide clinical support to ophthalmologists at VEI, including examination of post-LASIK, post-cataract, and post-graft patients, and determination of target endpoints for presbyopic patients seeking surgical correction of their vision.
- Provide advice, reassurance, and support for patients after surgery.
- Refer patients with any clinically significant concerns to the appropriate doctor for management.
- Provide patients with details of appropriate local optometrists for ongoing care, and organising appointments where necessary
- Liaise and correspond with referring optometrists regarding ongoing care of post-op patients.
- Complete administrative tasks, as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong focus on patient care
- High level of professionalism
- Communicate well with patients, providing advice, empathy, and reassurance
- Maintain excellent communication with doctors and staff
- Adaptability to different doctors' protocols and post-op protocols of new procedures
- Excellent writing and record-keeping skills
- Effective time and priority management skills
- Good computer skills and the ability to use patient management software and electronic patients records for the management of a paperless practice
- Knowledge of primary requirements for patient assessment and aftercare relating to cataract and laser eye surgery
- Be a registered optometrist in Australia
- Experience in an ophthalmology practice is advantageous
- A therapeutic endorsement is advantageous
- Membership of Optometry Australia is advantageous
In return, you will be rewarded with the opportunity to develop your knowledge whilst working in a friendly, supportive and relaxed environment that values professionalism and loyalty.
To apply, please send your resume by Monday, 22nd February 2020 to the practice manager – Phillip Lu