The Macular Disease Foundation of Australia (MDFA), is the national peak body representing the macular disease community. Our four pillars of work include: prevention and early detection, supporting the community to live optimally with macular conditions, systemic advocacy and research. There are an estimated 1.7m Australians with some evidence of macular disease.
About the Role
The Health Professional Education Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the newly funded national health professional education program under the direction of the Project Leadership Team. The objective of this program is to deliver a nationally consistent education program to increase health professionals’ awareness and knowledge of macular disease to assist them to deliver early diagnosis and interventions to patients. They will be a key liaison with the MDFA led consortium and other stakeholders to deliver the program.
• Relationship Coordination
• Planning & Research
• Education Content Coordination
• Program Promotion and Implementation
• Optimise referrals from Health Professionals
• Promotion of MDFA Value Proposition
• Program reporting
• Other Duties/Projects as Determined by the CEO or Education and Relationship Manager
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in health education – ideally in eye health.
• Proven success in complex program or project coordination experience including evaluation, risk management and reporting.
• Demonstrated understanding of professional continuing education and education program design.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Excellent coordination skills and knowledge of project management principles.
• Proven ability to build effective stakeholder relationships with, external suppliers, and clinical experts.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to produce and interpret statistics and reports. Desirable requirements
• Relevant academic qualifications – such as optometry, orthoptics or vision science.
• Experience in the development and delivery of education to health professionals. Benefits of working at MDFA • Great team environment • Access to NFP salary sacrifice arrangements How to
A copy of the Position Description is available by emailing email@example.com
Please provide a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a CV and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 28 September 2020.
Please contact Sabine Ostrowski on 0432 587 274 for further information about the role. Previous applicants need not apply.