The Asia Pacific Ophthalmic Trauma Society (APOTS) will commence its 2021 conference program with a virtual webinar by international speakers presenting their global perspectives on the globe and adnexal trauma.
The webinar, scheduled to take place at midnight AEST on Sunday 10 January, will include the APOTS oration lecture by Dr Tamara Fountain, President of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) on Trauma, triage and treatment, the US experience in ophthalmic injury.
APOTS will commence its 2021 conference program with a virtual webinar… presenting… global perspectives on the globe and adnexal trauma
Other presentations will be given by:
• Dr Hua Yan, China – Ophthalmic trauma management challenges, an Asian perspective;
• Dr Gini Giampaolo, Italy – Ophthalmic trauma and the COVID era, looking ahead;
• Dr Jan Talma, South Africa – Ophthalmic trauma in the African continent, challenges and opportunities;
• Dr Hugo Ocampo, Colombia – Ophthalmic trauma, a Latin American perspective, strengths and weaknesses;
• Dr Gary Legault, United States – Resident training in ophthalmic trauma skills, challenges in the current era; and
• Dr Victor Koh, Singapore – New device for ophthalmic trauma; the PGI implant in traumatic glaucoma.
The webinar will be opened by APOTS President Dr S Nalarajan with introductory remarks by Dr Gangadhara Sundar, Chair of the Scientific Committee. Dr Ference Kuhn, Dr Jose Dalma and Dr Rajvardhan Azad will participate in a panel discussion.