Specsavers Ipswich in Australia and Specsavers Queenstown in New Zealand are the 2020 recipients of Specsavers annual Doug Perkins Medal. The announcement was made at a Specsavers Clinical Conference online event on 26 August.
The Doug Perkins Medal, which was introduced in 2018, is presented to one Australian and one New Zealand store each year in recognition of consistently high standards of clinical excellence and patient care.
To determine the finalists, a nation-wide analysis was conducted using data collected through the Specsavers Professional Benchmark Initiative (PBI). The PBI aggregates and tracks patient outcomes across Specsavers’ Australia and New Zealand store network.
PBI data was combined with data from Specsavers’ patient feedback platform, as well as health outcome data from the Oculo electronic referral system, and was based on the following criteria:
- Leadership in delivering exceptional patient outcomes,
- Consistent feedback demonstrating the positive patient experience,
- A focus on education and training,
- Implementation of store processes that have delivered consistent quality eye care,
- Commitment to accessible eye health, and
- Collaborative engagement with medicine.
Australian finalists were Elizabeth and Hollywood in South Australia, Success and Rockingham in Western Australia, Loganholme, Ipswich and Runaway Bay in Queensland, and Burwood in New South Wales.
New Zealand finalists were Massey, Riccarton Westfield, Timaru, and Queenstown and Dunedin.
These stores represented the top 4% of all Specsavers stores across Australia and New Zealand.