The 2020 RANZCO Scientific Congress has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The 52nd annual congress was scheduled to take place from 9–13 October at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in Queensland. Instead it will take place from 19–23 November 2021, at the same destination.
In a statement RANZCO said, “2019 was a significant year for RANZCO having celebrated its 50th birthday in Sydney with Congress’ largest attendance to date. In 2020, like many other events, we were forced to postpone the Congress due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Having taken a year off, we believe that Congress in Brisbane will be even more informative and enjoyable for everyone involved.”
Local and international invited speakers include:
- Dame Ida Mann Memorial Lecture – Prof Alex Hewitt,
- Sir Norman Gregg Lecture – Prof Graham Barrett,
- Fred Hollows Lecture – Dr Catherine Green,
- Council Lecture – Dr Clare Fraser,
- Neuro-ophthalmology Update Lecture – Lynn K Gordon MD,
- Cataract Update Lecture – Mr David Lockington,
- Retina Update Lecture – Anita Agarwal MD,
- Glaucoma Update Lecture – Pradeep Ramulu MD, and
- Refractive Update Lecture – Damien Gatinel MD.