The International Association of Contact Lens Educators (IACLE) has announced the launch of the Teach. Learn. Connect (TLC) initiative to support educators, students and industry and help reduce the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on global contact lens education.
TLC is an online education program and communications campaign that will supplement IACLE’s existing educational activities as the recovery from the pandemic continues. It includes:
- A full program of live and recorded webinars on a global, regional and national basis,
- A half-day virtual conference to examine the way forward for education, practice and the contact lens industry,
- A new teaching online platform – IACLETOP – that acts as a central point to access all IACLE’s online resources and teaching materials,
- Opportunities for industry to connect with educators and students worldwide, and
- Communications providing new information to support all sectors during the pandemic recovery.
Dr Shehzad Naroo, IACLE President, says “The TLC Initiative will provide essential resources to help all of us to adapt to the rapidly changing situation, and continue to deliver world-class education to the practitioners of tomorrow.”
IACLE’s next series of global webinars will begin on 23 June with ‘Exploring the move to online teaching, learning and assessment’ led by Richard Beggs from Ulster University’s Centre for Higher Education Research Practice. This webinar will explore how educators can best teach online in a way that encourages student participation. Future webinars will include an opportunity for students to share their own experiences of learning online.
For more information visit www.iacle.org.