Alcon’s Clareon AutonoMe IOL and delivery system is the “first and only automated, disposable, preloaded IOL delivery system, enabling easy, intuitive controlled IOL delivery”.1 The Clareon IOL hydrophobic acrylic IOL is made of a patented, innovative optic polymer material with an advanced design, that “enables sharp, crisp vision; low edge glare; and unsurpassed optic clarity”.2-6
According to Alcon, the AutonoMe delivery system, preloaded with the Clareon IOL, is designed with advancements intended to benefit both surgeons and cataract patients. Its automated CO2-powered delivery mechanism and intuitive, ergonomic design allows precise single-handed control of IOL placement during cataract surgery.3,7
Contact: Alcon Account Manager
- Alcon data on file, 2017, Schematic Model Eye and In Vitro Evaluation of Positive.
- Based on aggregate results from in vitro evaluations of haze, SSNGs and glistenings compared to, TECNIS§§ ZCB00 (Johnson & Johnson), Vivinex XY-1 (HOYA) and enVista MX60 (B&L; Bausch & Lomb).
- Clareon AutonoMe Directions for Use.
- Alcon data on file, 2017, Schematic Model Eye and In Vitro Evaluation of Positive Dysphotopsia or Glare Types Photic Phenomena.
- Clareon and Marketed IOL Slit Lamp Surface Haze. Alcon internal technical report: TDOC- 0053487, effective 28 February 2017.
- Microvacuole Evaluation of Clareon and Other Marketed IOLs. Alcon internal technical report: TDOC-0053516, effective 28 February 2017.
- Alcon data on file, 2017, Clareon and Marketed IOL Slit Lamp Surface Haze.