Recognising the impact that optical dispensers have on both patient eye care and the success of practices, Specsavers has announced its second annual Dispensing Course (SDC2) will be hosted in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth during August.
The one-day events will be delivered in a roadshow-style format and are open to all certified optical dispensers working at Specsavers, as well as student optical dispensers who are currently studying to obtain the qualification and selected non-Specsavers optical dispensers.
The topics to be covered are:
• Blue light: Myths and realities and the need for protection – Emeritus Professor Stephen Dain, UNSW
• It’s all about the face! – Alicia Thompson, Association of British Dispensing Opticians
• Rx Analysis – Miranda Richardson, Association of British Dispensing Opticians
• Driving and Vision – Professor Joanne Wood, School of Optometry and Vision Science at QUT, representing Carl Zeiss Vision
• How to train your optical dispenser – James Gibbins, Australasian College of Optical Dispensing
• Tolerances: The How, When and Why of Optical Standards in the Modern Practice – Timothy Haigh, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
• A Tick for the Ticktower: Certified Prescription Safety Eyewear – Trent McInerny, Rx Safety
• Vision Rehabilitation – Dr. Vincent Nguyen, University of Technology Sydney
• Contact Lenses for Dispensers at the Coalface: Core Information and Pitfalls to be Avoided – Dr. Lewis Williams, International Association of Contact Lens Educators
The workshops will be delivered in Brisbane on 12 August; Sydney on 13 August, Melbourne on 15 August and Perth on 17 August. For details, contact Specsavers.